Sometimes you might set the table cell to “valign=bottom” to place an image at the bottom of a table cell but a space of 1 or 2 pixels is still appearing at the bottom in Internet Explorer. A quick way to fix that is to apply the CSS declaration “vertical-align: bottom;” to the image itself.
I cannot stand the mandatory restart notifications popping up every 5 minutes whenever I install the latest updates for Windows XP. I stumbled across a handy little piece of software called “Leave Me Alone” to temporarily fix the problem until I configure Windows to turn the notifications off forever.
By default, if you try to modify your hosts file in Vista, it will not let you save it. It tells you that you don’t have permission. To successfully modify the hosts file, run notepad.exe as an administrator and open the file.
1) Browse to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories
2) Right click “Notepad” and select “Run as administrator”
3) Click “Continue” on the UAC prompt
4) Click File -> Open
5) Browse to “C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc”
6) Change the file filter drop down box from “Text Documents (*.txt)” to “All Files (*.*)”
7) Select “hosts” and click “Open”
8) Make the needed changes and close Notepad. Save when prompted.